Frequently Asked Questions
On this page we have collected the most popular questions, so that you can easily find the answer for almost any question you may have.
- What is the Canadian Paediatric Review Program?
- Who can attend the Canadian Paediatric Review Program?
- Who can attend the How to prepare for an OSCE station session?
- What topics are covered?
- How are the topics chosen?
- Who are the speakers?
- What type of feedback has been received from previous attendees?
- Does the program cover everything in paediatrics?
- Why is the program only offered in Hamilton?
- Have you looked at webcasts or other similar "distance learning tools"?
- Who do I contact for more information?
- How do I register?
The Canadian Paediatric Review Program is an annual preparation (PREP) review program designed for all senior paediatric trainees who are completing their training in Canada. This review program is intended as a knowledge consolidation and assessment exercise.
All senior paediatric trainees who are completing their training within Canada may attend this program. The program is also open to junior paediatric trainees and consultant paediatricians in clinical practice.
International Medical Graduates who are not enrolled in a Canadian Paediatric Training Program AND are registered to attend the Canadian Paediatric Review Program may attend this optional session.
In total, about 35 topics are presented covering the major specialty areas within paediatrics.
Final year paediatric residents complete a needs assessment form that identifies core topics for the program. The top 40 topics are ranked; speakers are recommended by the residents and recruited by the co-chairs.
Speakers are chosen from educational institutions across Canada and are selected based on their expertise and familiarity with each selected topic. Please note, the paediatric review program is not sponsored by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. All Royal College Examiners have been excluded from participating in this program or providing any input on selected topics and contents of the material covered within each topic.
Past programs have provided overwhelmingly positive feedback from the participants. Feedback from the program shows:
- 99% felt that the review program met its educational objectives.
- 99% indicated that touch pad technology helped to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- 97% would recommend the program to their colleagues.
Cost and time issues necessitate some limitations; as such, only the top-ranked topics identified in the needs assessments are selected.
Presently, our level of funding does not permit offering the program more than once annually, or in more than one location. Hamilton is easily accessible from either Toronto Pearson Airport or Hamilton Airport and is centrally located by road for the majority of the participants.
Yes, however, cost issues do not permit such alternatives at this time.
Further questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Registrations can be completed online.Register Now